Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Real Party: Pancake Breakfast

My friend Jeani once spent time volunteering at a school in Uganda, through a program called i.HUG
Jeani and one of the school kids from her time in Uganda. 
Click here to see some other pictures of the school. 
i.HUG is an amazing program that works to run a school, train teachers, raise scholarships to send children to the school, increase access to medical care in the areas they serve, and form income-generating projects to sustain the program. 

Every year Jeani does some kind of fundraiser for this program and school that she loves so much.   This year she decided to do a pancake breakfast.  
I was thrilled that she asked my friend Lindsay and I to help with styling the event! 


The first thing I did was call up my friend Will. He was responsible for the gorgeous tablescapes at this wedding.  I asked him to borrow the hurricanes. Remember these? 


Instead of the earthy black rocks from the wedding, I used festive cranberries. 
Cute, right? 
Lindsay made a few burlap squares with red ribbon edging to go under them. 


The next thing I did was make a menu and a little Christmas tree i.HUG graphic for the buffet table.  

Jeani's collage of pictures from her time with i.HUG. (sorry for the blurry pic!)


Silverware and napkins on the beverage station.  

I cannot take any credit for the food, but I can tell you it was delicious! 
Seriously, I am never making pancakes out of a box again after I tasted Jeani's homemade pancakes! 



Here's the pancake crew: Lindsay, me, Jeani, Deb, & Molly 
(I also have to give a shout-out to Tom and Monica who were a master pancake flipper & fruit displayer that morning!)


What a fun way to raise some money for an awesome cause! 
I'll update later with our total raised.  


This is a awesome, trustworthy program where money donated goes a long way to make a difference in the lives of children.  If you are still planning to do some charitable giving this year, please consider i.HUG

No comments:

Post a Comment