Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Real Party: Cookies & Champagne

Sunday was our annual baking extravaganza, which I  call "Cookies & Champagne".   
We had lots of fun, ate too much sugar, and baked up a storm!
 Molly's homemade almond roca
Drea's monster cookies, Katie's cowgirl cookies, and Deb's chocolate caramel cups. 
That is just a small portion of what we ended up with! 

 I made an easy little lunch for the all the bakers: Martha Stewart's black bean chili (which stayed nice and warm in my Crockpot) and corn bread. 
(You might recognize the pinecone tree from my friend Lindsay's Housewarming party dessert table.)
 And of course, some champagne. 
Party favors: adorable mini colanders (in bright and green) with a cookie cutter, and a mini champagne bottle.  
I found the colanders here.  They were a.dor.able. Even more so in person. 

See my post about last year's party here
The biggest improvement that I made over last year was grabbing a bunch of plastic tablecloths at the dollar store.  We used them as tablecloths and on the floor and it made clean up so much easier.  Of course there were a few spills, and I was glad I had them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment