Saturday, February 27, 2010

Real Party: Baby Blue Baby Shower

I helped to host a very sweet baby shower for a friend's first baby boy this last spring. 

We held the shower at a restaurant that had a private room available.  It made for low stress hostessing.  We brought in our own dessert, but everything else was taken care of by the staff at the restaurant. 

Here's the invitation I made.  

 
The diaper was made out of felt, with little baby blue stitches holding the sides together.  

I made fabric squares for the center of the long table. 

One of the other hostesses found little baby blue buckets to use as centerpieces.  The restaurant provided custom menus for the day, which served as a nice keepsake for the mom-to-be. 


I made a party banner with felt diapers to match the invitation. 

I made another fabric square for the gift table... 


...and for the dessert table.  We avoided a cake-cutting fee by bringing in cupcakes and our own plates.  


My first attempt at cake pops! They served as party favors, and they were definitely a hit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment