Sunday, February 7, 2010

Real Party: Super Bowl XLIV

I hear it was a good game today...but to be perfectly honest, I was paying more attention to food & friends...and all the cute details of the party we attended! 

Our friends Katie & Casey were perfect hosts, as always.  Aren't the football vases Katie made adorable? They reminded me of these cuties And as I mentioned earlier, I love love love wheatgrass in centerpieces. 

I was happy with how my cupcakes turned out. Topped with sugar cookie footballs, they were really two desserts in one...never a bad thing. :)  I used this recipe for the cake and frosting. 

The cones for serving the french fries were perfect for a large party of people milling around.  The perfect compliment to the menu of smoked tri-tip steak sandwiches, green salad, chili, and appetizers galore.  Yum!

I had trouble finding football cookie cutters.  So, I used my round one to make two cuts and ended up with these little footballs.

How was your Super Bowl?

No comments:

Post a Comment