Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cupcake 1st Birthday Decor

Another friend's baby is about to turn 1.  Unfortunately they live in another state.  
Since I can't be there for the big day, I decided to send some decor items to help them celebrate.  
They are having a cupcake decorating party.  

I thought some cupcake confetti would be a nice addition: 

I had to make the little guy a banner: 

And, a party hat! 

I love the idea of a cupcake decorating party.  I think guests of all ages will enjoy putting together their perfect creation with lots of fun topping choices. And bright toppings make great decor.
Here's a little inspiration for the day:
1. Multi-colored sprinkles, like these from Bake it Pretty, are a must.
2. TomKat Studio's Cupcake Collection for boys is perfection!
3. Bright icing choices like this red, add to the fun.
4. My favorite Cupcake book is a great place to get recipes and ideas.
5. Personalized aprons for kids, like this one from Williams Sonoma, make cute party favors for pint-sized guests.
6. Cupcake papers in different patterns and colors are available all over. Bake it Pretty has some of my favorites. 
7. Squeeze bottles for icing are perfect for little fingers.

Happy Birthday Liam! Wish I could be there to help you celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment