Friday, February 19, 2010

Real Party: Rubber Ducky Baby Shower

This is a shower that I helped to throw before I started this blog.  I thought it was about time that I shared some details! 

The invitation was a paper diaper.  The diaper pins held blue beads for a little color.
 

And the inside with all the details, and a little ducky to hint at the theme. 


The inspiration for our theme came from Hostess with the Mostess.  I fell in love with their Bubbly Ducky Baby Shower, and thought it would be perfect for our mom-to-be.  Her favorite colors are blue and yellow, and the theme went nicely with the blue gingham I was already planning to use.

 
Here was our centerpiece, inspired by those on Hostess with the Mostess.  

Brunch was served at the party.  I am a proponent of brunch showers.  Everyone loves breakfast foods, and its nice for guests that the party is over by the early afternoon.  These were definitely a hit - yum!
One of my fellow hostesses made the fruit salad.  Notice how it is made with only yellow & blue fruit and berries?  Now that is dedication to the theme! :)

I made the mom-to-be a sash to wear...pretty cute, huh?

We had a "Welcome Baby" banner hanging near where the mom-to-be opened her gifts.  A few small bunches of balloons, and some yellow flowers also adorned the fireplace.
We used some baby washcloths in our colors (that were on the registry) as balloon weights, to go with our rubber ducky theme.  A blue gingham runner was on the coffee table.

 
A basket with party favors sat by the door. 


I thought our favors were creative.  The mom- & dad-to-be are a very earth-conscious couple. So we gave out energy efficient CFL lightbulbs.  The tag read:
"Here's to a bright future for Laim! Change out a traditional bulb in your home for this CFL and help make the world a better place for baby Liam."
And a little ducky to match the invitation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment