Sunday, May 2, 2010

BBQ Season!

It is officially barbeque season in our area and I could not be happier about it! 
We kicked it off with 2 barbeques in our backyard this weekend...Saturday and Sunday. 
image via

I wanted to share some of my favorite items to make a barbeque in my backyard run more smoothly. 
My white melamine dinner plates.
They are perfect for outdoor dining: sturdy & dishwasher safe.  If someone drops one, it will survive.  Mine are from Crate & Barrel Outlet, but I've seen them many different places.  There are lots of fun patterned versions, but my white ones go well with any table linens I decide to use.  More "green" than paper plates too! 

My silverware basket. 
I picked this up at Home Goods.  For a casual barbeque, I put silverware in the basket and let people grab what they need. I think the basket looks cute on the table or food buffet, and its so much easier to carry everything to the backyard in a basket.  It has a slot for napkins too.

Trays. 
I have a few trays, one is similar to this wicker one from Target.  They are great for carrying food or dishes to the backyard.  More stylish to carry buns out on a tray, then in their plastic bag, don't you agree? 

Here's to many more barbeques this season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment