Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Real Party: Monkey Man’s 2nd Birthday

My friend’s son recently had his 2nd birthday. His party was a tribute to his most favorite animal: monkeys!


Everyday Celebrating is a blog that I read regularly. She recently did a whole post of inspiration for monkey themed parties. Check it out here.


I was in charge of the cake for the monkey bash. I was happy with how my creation turned out.

The directions for the cake are from Martha Stewart’s website, see here. I followed her decorating instructions pretty closely.

I didn’t use her recipe for the cake however. I used a yellow box mix, and added two small ripe bananas to the mix. Yum! It had just a hint of banana flavor, and a very moist texture. I would definitely do that again, even if it wasn’t for a monkey party. I baked the cake in a Pyrex bowl for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.


I also made chocolate and banana cupcakes. What’s a monkey party without banana cupcake toppers?


And the final display was pretty darn cute.


Happy Birthday Sammy!


All gone. I guess they liked it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment