Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wine Tasting Weekend!

What a fun weekend it was...so sad its over! 
We hit up a few local wineries with friends, and I thought I'd share some highlights...
Our first stop was the beautiful Loma Prieta Winery
We tasted many wonderful wines...including some straight from the barrel, which was very cool! 
I learned two things that are worth sharing: 
Many of the oak barrels that wine is aged in are from Missouri.  Thanks so to any Missourian's out there for making California wines so tasty! 
And, for the first time I tasted a wine called a Pinotage.  Any wine connoisseurs out there - you must try this! Its primarily grown in South Africa, but a few US growers are getting into it now.  Delicious! 

This winery was a one-room school house in the 1800's, that has been converted to its present form.  
I loved the names of the wines here: Spring Break Syrah, Honor Roll Merlot, Teacher's Pet Chardonnay! 
So fun! 
Reminded me of this shower that I shared recently...which is popping up all over the blogosphere.  Any of these wines would've been perfect to serve! :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment