Sunday, November 22, 2009

DIY Idea: Housewarming Cake Pops

Oh how I admire Bakerella, the inventor of the cake pop...Doesn't all of blog-land?
She is shear genius, with both her goodies and her photography.

I love her new website also, with the little menu on the side for easy searching.

I wanted to bring something a little different to a housewarming party that we were attending this weekend. So, I attempted to make little house-pops.  They were quite tasty, and pretty cute.  Wouldn't you love to see a version of this by the Queen of Baking herself?  I can only imagine the detail.  How does she get her chocolate so smooth? Sigh...

Anyway, here's my little creations before dipping, with pretzel chimneys:


And after dipping:


One of the pesky little pops migrated in this picture.
It says: Congrats Steve & Carol on your new home. 

Bakerella's cake pop instructions are here
For the houses I used the stem of a big pumpkin cookie cutter, and the tip of a big heart cookie cutter.  I smashed the two pieces together and added a pretzel chimney.  The salty pretzel covered in chocolate was divine.
Maybe Bakerella will make gingerbread house cake pops this year? hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment