Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Real Party: Jungle Animal Baby Shower

I went to a jungle-themed baby shower recently. 
I think these invitations, by Graham & Snow, are adorable. 
They'd be cute for a kid's monkey-themed birthday party too.
The hostesses had a couple simple ideas for decorating that I wanted to share:
They used lots of greenery down the center of the table to create a jungle feel.  Balloons were tied to the plants to give the tablescape some height. The plants doubled as favors. I snagged a cute one to add to my husband's herb garden! 
 They bought several wooden animal puzzles, like this one, and scattered the pieces around the table.  The puzzles were given to the mom-to-be as gifts later.  It was a cute way to incorporate the theme, and add some whimsy and color to the the table.  I love decor that doubles as a gift too! 
I know I've mentioned it before, but I love brunch showers! The food is always delicious, and there's still a lot the day left when the shower ends. 

Congratulations Sheila! Can't wait to meet your little one!

This is not related to the shower, but I couldn't resist sharing anyway! Aren't these flowers at the home where the shower was held to die for?  Beautiful! And they smelled wonderful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment