Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Everyone! Hope the Easter Bunny paid a nice visit today!
With my little mini-vacation, I went the store-bought route for the niece and nephews. Not enough time to get crafty this year. 
I did manage to whip up a yummy lemon cake for dessert. 
I thought I'd share the recipe with you. It was delicious!
recipe adapted from here

Lemon Bundt Cake
Cream together 1 cup of softened butter and 2 cups of sugar
Mix in 4 eggs (1 at a time)
Add 3 cups flour and 2 tsp baking powder and mix
Add 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup cream and mix
Stir in 1 tbsp lemon zest
Bake in greased bundt cake pan for 60 minutes at 350 degrees

In a frying pan, whisk together 1/2 cup lemon juice, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 tbsp water over medium heat until combined and slightly thickened
Spoon over the cake before serving
This is a great cake for spring or summer! We ate it with sliced strawberries - Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment