Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I am Loving: Nature Inspired Fall Decorations

I was in a Pottery Barn recently and was drooling over some of their fall displays.

I love how many natural elements they've included this year.

Acorns



Pumpkins and gourds


Fall leaves


Wheat and dried fruit

Beautiful, huh?

Unfortunately I don't have the same budget as I imagine the Pottery Barn designers do.  But, I did my best to recreate some of these looks and bring a little of nature's fall bounty into my home this year.

Luckily, the floral department at my local grocery store was selling little gourds, mini pumpkins, and dried wheat.  I picked up a few while shopping today, and used some items I already owned to decorate.


My entry table (home of our never-ending mail pile):  I added some wheat stalks in a fall-appropriate pitcher, and scattered gourds and fall leaves around.


On top of my china hutch:  I gathered these acorns when visiting my brother and sister-in-law's in the mountains a few years ago (free!-the best kind of decoration). I just added some colorful leaves. 



My dining room table:  This wicker cake stand was a gift.  I added a candle, leaves, and little gourds to dress it up. 

Happy Decorating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment