Monday, January 23, 2012

Celebrating Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year begins today. Even if you aren't Chinese, its the perfect excuse to throw another party. :)

I have lots of Chinese New Year style inspiration to share with you today! 

But first, make sure you check out my post about the Chinese New Year birthday party we threw last year, if you haven't seen it already. Lots of cute stuff.

 Have you seen this fun fortune cookie craft by Martha?
Well, I used them as placecards for my Chinese New Year tablescape.  And I found a shortcut!
Rather than gluing ribbon inside the fortune cookie, I used a strip of electrical tape over the floral wire.  No waiting for glue to dry! The electrical tape sticks quite well to the felt.
Perfect little Chinese New Year placecards!
(Or for any time of the year you are serving Chinese food!)

One more thing to share... My friend Johanna threw a dragon themed (as in Year of the Dragon) baby shower for her sister in law over the weekend.  Here's a few scenes from the party: 
I love the idea of "dragon egg" candies as favors. 
And that big paper dragon? Lindsay and I helped Johanna put him together last week.
We made a giant paper accordion for his body by gluing together multiple pieces of 8.5x11 inch card stock paper.  We scoured each section before folding them over since they were pretty thick.  Isn't he fun?

Happy Chinese New Year!
and Congratulations Tiffany & Braz! We can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment