Thursday, October 13, 2011

Inspiration: Tying the Knot Bridal Shower

My friend Megan recently asked me for some ideas for putting together a "Tying the Knot" bridal shower. 
I decided I'd share what I came up with for this cute theme with everyone! 

Decorations for this shower all involve yarn!  

I love the yarn balls strung from the ceiling, forming a kind of knotted chandelier (as spotted on Hostess with the Mostess).  I found some great DIY instructions for making these here.

I made these yarn wrapped vases for a baby shower a few months ago.  DIY instructions are here

The possibilities are endless for this yarn-wrapped word.  The couple's names or initals or the wedding date are fun options.  Or Love like the one featured here is perfect for a bridal shower.  Great DIY instructions are here, by Family Chic

Lastly, a bowl full of yarn balls is the perfect centerpiece.  Hostess with the Mostess has DIY instructions here.  (I've made these before and used a straight pin rather than a glue dot, and it worked great as well.)

A few other ideas: 
Purchase a length of rope from a home improvement store.  
Tie knots in the rope. 
Run it down the center of a table, or a long a fireplace mantle.  
Or
Hang pictures of the couple from a thin knotted rope.

Licorice comes in almost any color you can think of.  Licorice knots would make perfect cupcake toppers for this bridal shower! Thank you Fete Fanatic for this inspiration.

Martha Stewart shares the recipe for these "Wedding Knot" cookies here.

Napkins should be tied into knots, of course.

Pretzels are the perfect knotted food.  Pretzel snack mix served in cute cones is a great appetizer.  Chocolate covered pretzels would make great cupcake toppers.  They also make great favors.  These are packaged from a set of "tying the knot" printables by Nellie Design,  available here

Sandwiches make a great main course for this shower, as they can be wrapped in parchment paper and tied with a knot.  (These are from a shower I threw). 


I love this theme! Am I missing anything? 

No comments:

Post a Comment