Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Our Arizona Trip!

This past weekend my husband and I headed to Arizona. 
The main purpose of the trip was to go to few spring training games for my husband's favorite team. (And some much needed sunshine.)
We had a great time exploring parts of Scottsdale and Phoenix.  
We went on a great hike.
And a few fun nights out (Scottsdale has some great restaurants!)

Each time I go to a new city, I like to visit a local cupcake shop. Am I the only one who does this? 
In Scottsdale, I drug my husband to Cupcakes
What a cute little shop we found! Their website is here.
I loved all the creative names of their cupcakes! 
A few examples: 
Tuxedo: chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and chocolate sprinkles
Rich and Famous: chocolate cake with chocolate frosting
Blondie: vanilla cake with Magagascar vanilla frosting
Party Animal: vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and lots of sprinkles
I had a Brunette: vanilla cake with chocolate frosting
My husband had a Momo: vanilla cake with cinnamon and sugar crunch topping
We both thought they were delicious!

The other fun spot I found was called Sugar Bowl.  
 I didn't sample anything here (I mean how many desserts can a girl possibly eat?)...but I didn't have to. It was adorable!  (The cartoon strip The Family Circus featured this shop multiple times. Some examples are here.)
 Pink bar stools...
...pink chairs, and pink booths! 
There was even a party room, all decked out in vintage pink-cuteness.  It was crying out for a baby shower or kid's ice cream birthday party! I wish I lived closer!

Thanks for the fun time, Arizona! We can't wait to come back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment