Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Thanksgiving Love: Mom's Chocolate Pie

The food item I most look forward to at Thanksgiving?  
Not the turkey, not my dad's homemade rolls (which are awesome, by the way), not the stuffing.  
It's my mom's pie.  Chocolate Pie with a whipped cream top. 
I.can't.wait. 

There's lots of great pie-inspired ideas out there in blog-land over the past few weeks.  

One of my favorites is the single-serving pies...especially when served in a mason jar. 
Could this be any cuter?  There's a great tutorial on Our Best Bites for these.  
I hope to try this before the holidays are over.  
This article in the Seattle Times caught my eye this week...it basically says cupcakes are on their way out, and pie is taking over as the new hot trend in desserts.  
What do you think? 

I'm not sure if I agree with this prediction....which I'll admit could be due to the fact that I haven't tried  this recipe yet. 
I tend to think there is room for both in the world of desserts.  The more the merrier, right?
But on Thanksgiving, there is no competition: my mom's chocolate pie takes it every time. 

Happy Turkey Day everyone! Hope you have a delicious day with family & friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment