Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hawaiian Desserts

I was in charge of the desserts for Lindsay's Hawaiian Birthday Feast.

I had a lot of fun whipping these up! 

Mango Pineapple Cupcakes!
The cupcakes were inspired by Bakerella's Aloha Cupcakes.   
I made a simpler version though.
For the Pineapple Cupcakes...I added a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple to a boxed yellow cake mix.  (I pureed the pineapple as Bakerella suggests). 
For the Mango frosting...I added one pureed mango to store-bought Vanilla Frosting. 
Then I sprinkled graham cracker crumbs on the top. 
Sooooo easy!


Pineapple Upside Down Cakes!
For these cute little pineapple-shaped cakes, I borrowed an awesome pan from a friend. 

This pan is from Williams Sonoma, and I loved it! If you are a fan of Pineapple Upside Down Cake, I  recommend this pan.  I was skeptical at whether or not it would be easy to get the little cakes out and whether or not it would be easy to clean.  No problem...after cooling for 10 minutes they slid right out.  It cleaned up very easily after I let it soak for a little while too.  
I followed the recipe that came with the pan for the topping, and then used a yellow boxed cake mix.  
Again...sooooo easy!


I was not reimbursed in any way to write about this pan, I just really thought it was great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment