Thursday, January 28, 2010

DIY Idea: Superbowl Centerpiece

Superbowl is fast approaching!
We have hosted a party the last few years.  But my husband and I are the only people I know who have not yet upgraded to a new flat screen TV. So this year we have given up the honors to friends with a more worthy TV.  :)
I don't really like football. I occasionally like the commercials, and I watched every second of one game (and don't even get me started on the refs!). But mostly I love the food and friends. I always look forward to the Superbowl Sunday.

Browsing the blogosphere, I am finding limited decoration ideas, especially for centerpieces.  Don't get me wrong, what is out there is cute.  There just isn't a lot of it.


This Hostess with the Mostess centerpiece is everywhere.  With good reason, its adorable.  I have to confess that I love anything with wheatgrass. 


I like these little wheatgrass pots with plastic footballs that were featured in Real Simple also (via The Kitchn).  And of course the astroturf coasters are pure genius. 


I like this idea of using small plastic footballs as vase-filler

I pulled out some pictures of the centerpiece I made a few years ago.  This is SIMPLE, but it gets the job done without being too cheesy (which is the problem I have with many items available at party stores).
 
I put my husband's football (dirt and all!) in an oblong basket filled with green "filler grass" (or "Easter grass").  Then I tucked alternating white and yellow flowers around the football.


Flowers can be made to coordinate with most team's colors. 
Easy! 

To this year's party I am bringing dessert. There are so many great ideas out there for treats, I've got lots of research to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment