Sunday, January 10, 2010

DIY Idea: Centerpiece Frames

Make sure and check out my post about the party favors for the 100th birthday party that my friend Lindsay and I made.

We included this picture from Martha Stewart in our inspiration board for this party.

The hostesses had requested centerpieces that incorporated pictures...and didn't blow their budget. We thought these frames would be perfect.  

So we set out to recreate them in the most budget friendly way possible.

We found these unfinished wood frames at both Michael's and Joann's, in the kids crafts section.  The didn't come with glass, which was perfect for what we making.  


And we painted them all chocolate brown.


Groups of 3 frames were taped together.  We used brown duct tape.


Pictures were printed on vellum paper in sepia, and the frames were arranged around a candle so they glowed slightly.  Each frame trio was situated on a fabric square of this striped fabric. 

I just received pictures of the party, so as soon as I can get them organized I'll show you all how the favors and centerpieces looked all put together!


No comments:

Post a Comment