Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Real Party: Gender Reveal

One of my bff's, Lindsay (who I mention all the time on this blog), is expecting her first baby.  (!!)
I talked her into doing a cake for her gender reveal.  Despite the non-ideal weather and some melted frosting, we had an awesome time.  

Lindsay wanted to go Tomales Bay Oyster Company to have her big reveal. So all our friends loaded up the cars with yummy food and made the trip up there.
Tomales Bay Oyster Company has an awesome spot along a cool bay in Northern California which is perfect for oysters.  There's picnic tables and barbeques and you can buy bags of oysters on site and grill them up. It is seriously a cool place to have a little get-together.  





The day before I received a sealed envelope from Lindsay's doctor's office. I was under strict orders to share the contents with no one.  {Torture!} 
I made a cake with a secret-colored frosting center.  And of course it melted on the long car ride. But it still served its purpose and tasted yummy. 

The big reveal...
They were THRILLED! It was such a fun moment! 


 It's a...
...Girl! 
 
Congratulations Tom & Lindsay! I can't wait to meet her

No comments:

Post a Comment