Monday, June 13, 2011

Real Party: 40th Birthday Dinner

My friend Adrienne recently hosted a dinner for her boyfriend Patrick's 40th birthday, and I helped with a little styling. 
She chose one of their favorite restaurants for the party, and it did not disappoint. 
The party was in a cozy private room upstairs.  Adrienne had some simple flower arrangements done by a local florist and I made some small fabric squares to go under them.  We sprinkled the tables with confetti & the restaurant provided custom menus at each place. 

Patrick is a chocolate lover (which is putting it mildly), so Adrienne asked me to make an all-chocolate dessert table.  It was a hit, especially with the birthday boy. :) 
I made almost exclusively chocolate desserts. 
I made chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes.  These were really easy and people loved them. 
The recipe is from The Larson Lingo

 Patrick goes crazy for my salted oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so I had to include some.

He also loves cake pops, so I made some purely chocolate ones (just the way he likes them).  
Patrick often receives my cake pops "mess-ups", so this time he had some that actually looked nice. :)

I also made some lollipops with a "40" on them.  The were displayed in buckets to match the flowers.  

Happy 40th Birthday Patrick! 
And thanks for the fun party Adrienne!

No comments:

Post a Comment