Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shower Kit: Baby Shower

I was asked to make a banner and some party favors for a baby shower recently. 
The hostesses didn't have much in mind as far as themes or even colors, so we decided I would use the mom-to-be's crib bedding as inspiration. 

I made a "Welcome Baby" banner. 

A closer shot so you can see the cute paper I found to coordinate with the bedding. 

I am partial to edible favors, particularly sweet ones.  The catch with this shower was that the mom-to-be and several of the guests were vegan.  {And a vegan baker I am not!}

I finally decided to go the store-bought route for the favors. I found these cookies at Trader Joe's: 
image via
 They were reasonably priced, and most importantly: vegan.  A few family members of mine eagerly sampled them and were happy with how they tasted.  

When repackaged, they looked pretty darn cute. 

Congratulations Ashley!
Can't wait to see how the rest of the party turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment