Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Real Party: "Pair of Babies" Twin Shower

My friend Linnea is expecting 2 baby boys.  I knew what I wanted to do to celebrate them as soon as I heard (because that is how I think -- and I'm sure you all understand!).

Our theme was "Linnea is Having a Pair of Babies" and the shower based on a a pair of Converse sneakers.  

{Side note: the shower took place the day after Linnea and I were in Kelsey's wedding. Therefore I had to keep things pretty simple, and called in several girlfriends for lots of assistance.}

Lindsay and I usually like to get creative with food, and do lots of the cooking ourselves. But this time we ordered pizzas and Lindsay made a salad. That's how simple it was. But, the theme was still quite cute and I can't wait to share it with you! 

I had a few centerpieces made at my favorite florist in Seattle.  (I used them for these flowers also).  They do an awesome job.  I was even able to drop off the supplies before leaving for the wedding and pick them up afterward with out a second thought about it.  Thank you Thriftway!
We decided to place the vase of flowers inside the little shoe boxes, which were too cute not to use. 

My friend Megan made cookies. They were so cute I wanted to die. After I ate several cookies, of course.  :)
We had Megan's famous sugar cookies at my own bridal shower.  She was nervous to make them into the shoe shape, instead of her normal circles. I think she did a great job, don't you agree?!

My friend Morgan had the brilliant idea to make a baby sock banner, which went perfectly with our theme.  

And I bought some coordinating onsies to make another banner. 

I displayed the napkins and forks in another Converse shoe box.  

 If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you know my love of a children's book as a guest book.  We used Those Shoes, an adorable book that my teacher friend reads to her class every year.  It worked well with our theme, and has a great message that we knew Linnea would like.  Everyone signed the inside cover. 

When I asked my friend Marci to pick up some drinks, I thought she'd just grab a few sodas.  I was wrong! We had lemonade, a delicious pomegranate and lime fizz, and a yummy punch that had sherbet ice cream in it. Yum!

One other fun thing we did was tell everyone to wear Converse chucks sneakers. It made for some fun pictures. One girl had to borrow her husband's! 

Congratulations Linnea! Can't wait to meet the new little guys! 


If you are interested, I shared Linnea's first baby shower last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment