Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I am Loving: Paper Garlands

I am in full shower planning mode & I love it!   
I have a bridal and baby shower in the works for the spring. 
I am loving all the different paper garlands in blog land, and plan to incorporate one or more into these showers. 
Here's some of the inspiration I have gathered:
Image via Style Me Pretty
These simple paper chains are reminiscent of elementary school crafts.  The metallic paper steps the glam up a notch in this picture.  And could it be any simpler to put together?  Paper chains are definitely a front runner for my spring shower decor. 

Isn't this dainty doily garland sweet?  DIY instructions are here
On a related note, have you see the beautiful painted doily garland that Meg from Whatever (one of my favorite new crafty stops on the web) created with her kids.  Its beautiful! Check it out here.  It's definitely not dainty! Amazing what a little color can do! 

I love these velum mobiles.  Aren't the colors amazing?  DIY details are here.  

This simple circle garland from Kim at TomKat Studio is too cute.  It allows for fun papers to be mixed and matched.  I love this one so much that I've used it at a party before -- see here! Find Kim's DIY instructions here

This coffee filter garland is stunning.  It was inspired by this wedding featured on Martha Stewart Weddings.  Two great DIY instruction posts can be found here and here.  From what I've read, these are easier to create than the traditional party pom's. 

Hope you are inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment