Monday, February 28, 2011

Cookies & Cupcakes from the Weekend

This weekend we had a little get-together at our house to celebrate my friend Deb's birthday.  
And I did some baking for the occasion! 
I made my most favorite cookies: Salty Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
I shared the recipe here, but want to remind you again how amazing they are.  Every time they are around, people gobble them up.  You've got to make them for your next function! (or afternoon snack!) 

Since Deb's kids were with a sitter for the night, I decided to make adults-only cupcakes: Raspberry Vodka Chocolate Cupcakes.  They were based on these.   Just as Tori suggests, I used a box chocolate cake mix replaced 1/3 cup of the water with raspberry infused vodka.  I also added a splash to the frosting.  They were great: really moist with a hint of raspberry flavor.  Yum! I could easily make them again and leave the vodka out of the frosting for a kid-friendlier version. 

Happy Birthday Deb!

No comments:

Post a Comment