Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Inspiration: Bamboo Baby Shower

A friend recently asked me to help her brainstorm ideas for a baby shower she will be throwing.  My friend told me a few things about the mom-to-be's style: she likes Asian-inspired patterns, loves the color gold, appreciates fine paper goods, and she isn't a girly-girl who loves pink. 
I've done some searching, and I hope I've come up with a theme she will like.  
I told my friend she should start her planning by browsing a few fabric and paper stores to come up with a beautiful Asian pattern that she loves.  
I am suggesting a gold & green bamboo theme, but these ideas can be adjusted to match any color scheme that fabric and paper shopping might lead to. 
Details of my ideas and photo credits: 
1.  Brown or gold napkins would be lovely tied with a green shoot of some sort.  Serve the food on eco-friendly bamboo plates (available for purchase here).  They sell silverware also!
2.  These inexpensive bamboo coasters make a cute party favor for guests. 
3. Purchase a few of these inexpensive frames to place baby pictures of the mom- and dad-to-be around the party. 
4.  There are numerous options for bamboo-inspired invitations around the web. This set of letter press ones from Etsy would be perfect for a girl who loves fine paper goods.  This set is for a wedding, but often Etsy sellers are willing to work with you to customize. 
5.  Adorable bamboo cupcakes would be an easy DIY project.  
6. A perfect gift for the mom-to-be: anything from the Baby Bambu line, including this onesie.  
7. Cute little centerpiece of bamboo tied with ribbon.  Luckily, you find bamboo at your local Ikea
8. I have said many times on this blog how much I love a children's book as a guest book.  Just have guests sign the inside cover.  This book would be perfect. 
9.  With an Asian-inspired theme, lanterns of some sort are a must.  These gold ones are gorgeous. 

All of these items pulled together over DIY runners of the fabric inspiration she finds would make for a beautiful shower to honor the mom-to-be! Anything you would add?

No comments:

Post a Comment