Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Inspiration Board: 60th Birthday Party

I've been busy this week preparing for a party I'm styling this weekend, and I realized I haven't even shared the inspiration board yet! 
This is a 60th birthday party. 
My clients are the birthday girl's two sons and daughters-in-law.  They wanted her to have an extra special party.  We came up with the idea of incorporating the tea sets that each daughter in law recieved from the birthday girl as wedding gifts. We are doing a classy tea party, which has be renamed the "Six-Tea" Party! I love this theme - perfect for many milestone parties: 40 becomes"Four-Tea", 50 becomes "Fif-Tea"...I'm sure you get it! :) 

We have lots of fun ideas for the party and I can't wait to share pictures next week. 
In the mean time, here's some of the inspiration photos we collected: 
We're definitely doing some flower arrangements in teapots (via Rachael Ray Everyday), teacups (via The Glamorous Housewife), and creamers (via Project Wedding)
Finger foods will be a must at this afternoon party, like these little sandwiches (via Merriment Design) & veggie shots (via Bella Grace Party Designs)
A dessert table will include cupcakes and more! 
And lastly, I love both the delicate paper garland from TomKat Studio (via Project Nursery), and the accordian rosettes (via Pepper Design Blog)...some kind of paper art along these lines will be incorporated!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment