Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Invitations: Going Away Party

Some of my friends are moving to Portland in a few weeks. :(
Naturally, we've decided send them off with a little party. (I always like to channel my sadness into crafting.) One of my friends and I put together invitations for the party:
Aren't these little suitcases adorable? There's a "PDX sticker", which is the airport code for Portland's airport. A "tree sticker", as a nod to the woodsy Northwest. The little luggage tag tied with raffia has the couple's initials and their new city.

As we were putting these together we were coming up with all kinds of ideas for how to use this design.
  • beach bags for a beach-themed party of any kind (with tropical-patterned ribbon, a little "towel" sticking out)
  • suitcases or beach bags as save-the-dates for a destination wedding
  • retirement party invitations
The details were written on the back:
Johanna & Dustin are packing their bags and heading to Portland.
Please join us in wishing them good luck on their new adventure!

Ready for envelope stuffing!

Whenever I address invitations for a party that isn't too formal I do my "dot letters". It takes a bit more time, but I think it adds something special the the presentation. And I never use plain white envelopes, unless it is the only thing that will match. I like to think they jump out at the recipient from a boring pile of bills. Don't you just love getting mail?

This girl is headed off to the mailbox!

PS I'll post all the details of the party within the next few weeks, so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment