Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am Loving: Purple & Orange

A vendor brought some purple and orange flowers into our office this week. I was reminded how much I love this controversial color combination.

via

Both of these colors are so bold and the two of them together are so unexpected. I think purple & orange should be used more frequently than for the occasional Halloween party. They make a nice pairing for a late summer party as well, whether its a wedding, a shower, or a bachelorette party. I wanted to pay a little tribute to this under-rated pair.

This color palate makes for a stunning bouquet or floral centerpiece.

via

You simply must fall in love with these fabulous paper goodies.



via

Yum: tasty and cute!

via

Sweet little party favors.

via

I love this look! Speaking of bright shoes, have you seen Papery & Cakery this week? She's been doing a fantastic series with event inspiration based off a fabulous shoe. You must check it out! Its been a favorite read of mine this week.

What is your take on this color palate? Have you ever used it for an event? Sophisticated and fun, or hideous? Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment