Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cookies & Cream Cupcakes

I made some cupcakes for my husband's softball team, who had a play-off game tonight.
YUM!
I usually think that chocolate cake is dry.  However, this recipe was very moist, so I thought I'd share it.

I used a Devil's Food cupcake recipe from this book:
(I received this book as a Christmas present last year and I love it! Thanks again Aunt Terry!) 

 They made delicious cookies & cream cupcakes. 

Devil's Food Cupcakes 
Sift together 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
Beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly-packed), 4 tbsp butter until light & fluffy
Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 egg and mix until combined
Add flour mixture, alternating with 1/2 cup lukewarm water and 1/4 cup buttermilk
Mix until just combined 

Bake 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees
Makes 12 cupcakes 

 I used these sprinkles for the topping: 
Combined with cream cheese frosting, they made the perfect Cookies & Cream Cupcakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment